Thursday, December 23, 2010

Boy Toys

The following phrase exits my mouth NO LESS THAN 5 times a day:

“Get your hand out of your pants.”

The boy moms in the crowd are shaking their heads in agreement. You completely understand what I am talking about.

From a VERY early age, both of my boys discovered their manly play toys.  I’d say probably around the same time they were discovering their ears and noses and hands and toes. It was just another body part they discovered right along with the others. When I change diapers, hands are (or were cause the 3 year old is now potty trained) immediately drawn to it. Like a moth to a flame. It’s like a magnet.

The theory I have developed about this as a result of being a boy mom? Women don’t play with their girls because we haven’t had them since day one. Men? Well, their boys have been keeping them company since they were in diapers.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

XOXO
~J~

3 comments:

  1. Once I asked one of my boys why he was doing that and he said, "Sometimes you just have to fix it Mom!" He was 3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT. IS. HILARIOUS! Exactly what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HILARIOUS! :) Brayden always checks to see if his is all still there. HAH.

    ReplyDelete