Last Monday was the day for me. The day I woke up and told myself I was really getting back on the wagon to being healthy. And this time I meant it. Unlike the 13 other times I told myself that during the holidays. So, without much planning, I got up, started South Beach, & went to the gym. And I have been faithful for a whole week, which, sadly, is good for me.
Really? This right here is how I still feel. In addition to all of that info, I have since found out my cholesterol & triglycerides are high. Not so high that I have to be on medicine, but still too high. So, we’ll now add that to the list of goals. Get those lowered.
Big Picture Goals:
1) Lose 40 pounds
2) Run a 10k in April
3) Bike 50 miles with hubs by the end of June
4) Make healthy eating my lifestyle.
5) Get my cholesterol & triglycerides to a normal range without medicine.
This weeks tabs:
1) Weight Loss/Gain: –7.0 pounds. 33 more to go.
Next week’s goal: Loss as much as I can because once I start phase 2 the weight loss will decrease.
2) Exercise: I ran this week, & it felt awesome! I hadn’t really run since the holidays. I had been to the gym & worked out, but I had been doing aerobics classes for the most part. This week I really ran again. I forgot how much I love it. Man, I got in the zone on the treadmill Friday and did 3.2 miles before I knew it. This week I ran a total of 8 1/2 miles. I did pilates once & lifted weights once.
Next week’s goal: Complete a long run of 3 1/2 miles. Pilates twice. Weights 3 times.
3) Diet: I started back on phase 1 (which only lasts 2 weeks) of South Beach last Monday. After losing 15 pounds last fall, I gained 6 back over the holidays. Prior to that I was somewhat following South Beach & doing well. So, I jumped back on the wagon. I started on phase 1 because of the amount of weight I need to lose. And, just as importantly, phase 1 gets rid of the the cravings for sweets and bad carbs. Added bonus of phase 1? You lose a crap-ton of weight in the first couple of weeks. It gives you a jump start. That being said, I have been eating a lot of lean meat & veggies this week. A lot. No carbs. No fruit. (Those come back in phase 2.) Results? I feel great. Cravings for sweets & bread are greatly diminishing. I even resisted pizza tonight!
Next week’s goal: Continue phase 1 for 1 more week.
4) Beverages: I have probably tripled my water consumption this week. I’d say I drink a minimum of 64 oz each day. But, the TRULY AMAZING THING??? I have ONE, yes ONE Diet Dr. Pepper this ENTIRE week. And that was in lieu of the wine I really needed that afternoon. Besides water, I have had tea—both hot & iced—and coffee with Splenda & a splash of milk.
Next week’s goal: No cokes. None. Cut them out completely.
So, week 1? Let’s just say I am very pleased. I want to kick it in the rear again this next week to get the most out of this jump start. That’s what is motivating me right now—getting the most bang for my buck before the weight loss slows down like I know it will & as it should.
Wish me luck! Who else is doing this McFatty Monday thing too? Let’s cheer each other on!